Coffee lovers will soon be able to get their morning joe and creamer from the same place at home. GE Appliances has announced a new refrigerator that features a Keurig K-Cup brewing system that will be made in Louisville.
January 14, 2015
LOUISVILLE, KY – No matter how you prefer your cup of coffee, there’s no denying the single-serve brewing trend is piping-hot. According to a 2014 National Coffee Association coffee drinking trends survey, 29 percent of respondents who drank coffee said they used a single-cup brewer, up nearly 50 percent from the previous year.1 Brewing at home is about to become even more appealing as GE introduces an industry first: the GE Caf?™ Series refrigerator with Keurig® K-Cup® Brewing System.
GE’s new refrigerator technology, an evolution of its Caf? French door refrigerator’s unique hot water dispenser, paired with a Keurig K-Cup single-cup brewer, meets the growing consumer interest. From leaders innovating to change the industry, this breakthrough evolution will take consumer convenience and versatility to a whole new level.
“Over the last couple years, GE surveyed Caf? French door refrigerator consumers who have the hot water feature; they asked us, ‘When can we have a refrigerator that dispenses coffee or tea?’ In fact, two-thirds said they’d be interested in a single-serve hot beverage dispenser,” said Dan Goldstein, refrigeration marketing manager for GE Appliances. “This inspired GE and Keurig to pursue the development of the industry-first, built-in, single-serve brewing system from a refrigerator.”
“With more than 60 brands that consumers love and over 400 beverage varieties in the system, Keurig is all about offering consumers the great-tasting, high-quality beverages they want, simply and conveniently,” says Mark Wood, chief product officer, Keurig Hot Beverage Systems. “As an innovator in the personal beverage system industry, Keurig is excited to partner with GE and to be the first to offer hot single-cup technology right from a refrigerator.”
Additional features include:
– Fresh, filtered water every time with no need to refill
– The built-in system frees up counter space, something that’s a premium in many kitchens, and the Keurig K-Cup brewer is dishwasher safe
– First-of-its-kind water filtration system, tested and verified by an independent third party to remove 98 percent of five trace pharmaceuticals from water2
– GE connected technology, allowing consumers to preset the brew time via their mobile device so the water in the reservoir is ready and waiting
– Water-dispensing flow rate and temperature designed to make the optimal cup of coffee, tea or other single-serve beverages
– ENERGY STAR® certification, meeting minimum efficiency standards for refrigerators and freezers and using as much energy as a cell phone does to charge overnight
– Opportunity to brew over 400 varieties of Keurig K-Cup beverages from 60+ major brands, including the top 10 best-selling coffee brands in America, including: Folgers®, Maxwell House®, Starbucks®, Dunkin’ Donuts®, Eight O’Clock®, Community® Coffee, and Peet’s Coffee and Tea®.
Made in Louisville, Ky., the Caf? French door refrigerator with single-serve Keurig K-Cup brewing system (CFE28USHSS/CYE22USHSS) will be available in stainless steel. With an MSRP of $3,300*, it will be available in the third quarter of 2015 wherever appliances are sold. For more information on availability, visit www.geappliances.com.
GE Appliances is at the forefront of building innovative, energy-efficient appliances that improve people’s lives. GE Appliances’ products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters. General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better. For more information on GE Appliances, visit www.ge.com/appliances.
Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
As a leader in specialty coffee, coffee makers, teas and other beverages, Keurig Green Mountain (Keurig) (NASDAQ: GMCR), is recognized for its award-winning beverages, innovative brewing technology, and socially responsible business practices. The Company has inspired consumer passion for its products by revolutionizing beverage preparation at home and in the workplace. Keurig supports local and global communities by investing in sustainably-grown coffee and by its active involvement in a variety of social and environmental projects. By helping consumers drink for themselves, we believe we can brew a better world. For more information visit: www.KeurigGreenMountain.com. To purchase Keurig® products visit: www.Keurig.com or www.Keurig.ca.
Source: GE Appliances