The state’s food and agriculture innovation initiative, AgriNovus Indiana, has announced the 2017 Indiana Agbiosciences Innovation Summit lineup. The November 29 program highlighting research advancements and industry convergence will feature speakers including Governor Eric Holcomb, Indianapolis-based Eli Lilly and Co. (NYSE: LLY) Chairman Emeritus John Lechleiter and Inside INdiana Business host Gerry Dick.
Chief Executive Officer Beth Bechdol says "the caliber of speakers and participants at the Summit this year is a testament to the continual research advancements being made in the agbiosciences, as well as the convergence and collaborations between the agbiosciences and the tech, life sciences and advanced manufacturing industries."
AgriNovus Indiana expects more than 250 attendees from a variety of backgrounds and sectors and representatives from several Indiana colleges. Author Eric Weiner, who wrote New York Times best-seller The Geography of Genius, will be this year’s luncheon keynote speaker.
- Governor Eric Holcomb
- David Broecker, consultant and entrepreneur
- Robert Coy, CEO,16 Tech
- Greg Deason, senior vice president and director of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Purdue University
- Gerry Dick, host, Inside INdiana Business
- Rainer Fischer, CEO and chief scientific and innovation officer, Indiana Biosciences Research Institute
- Tyler Foxworthy, chief scientist, DemandJump
- Rajan Gajaria, vice president, Crop Protection Business Platform, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont
- Steve Kahn, founder and chief financial officer, NewLeaf Symbiotics
- John Lechleiter, chairman emeritus, Eli Lilly and Company
- Victor Mancinelli, chairman and CEO, CTB, Inc.
- John McDonald, CEO, ClearObject
- Chris LaMothe, CEO, Elevate Ventures
- Johnny Park, CEO and founder, Spensa Technologies
- Sonny Ramaswamy, director, National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- Aaron Schacht, vice president of Global Research & Development, Elanco Animal Health
- Jim Schultz, founder and chairman, Open Prairie Ventures
- Ali Shakouri, director Birck Nanotechnology Center and professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University
- Jeff Simmons, president, Elanco Animal Health
- Monica Sorribas, program management leader for Seeds Platform, Agriculture Division, DowDuPont
- Eric Weiner, author, New York Times best-seller The Geography of Genius
You can connect to more about the summit, including registration information, by clicking here.