Legacy Fund Awards $150K in Grants
The African American Legacy Fund of Indianapolis has awarded $150,000 in grants to local nonprofit organizations. The AALFI says recipients of the grants use innovative solutions to address issues impacting the Black community in central Indiana.
AALFI says the grants are the work of the fund’s Season for Sharing campaign with the Central Indiana Community Foundation to raise money, which were matched by the Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust.
“We had outstanding applicants, but these organizations rose to the top through their innovation, creativity and engagement with the Black community. We do hope that the larger philanthropic community takes particular notice of organizations that maybe haven’t been engaged by the local philanthropic sector in the past,” said AALFI board member Marshawn Wolley.
The funding was awarded in the categories of dismantling racism, enhancing services, and supporting families. The recipients include:
- Greater Commission Church of God – $15,000
- Kheprw Institute – $15,000
- New Era Church – $15,000
- You Yes You! Project – $15,000
- Indiana Guide Right Foundation, Inc. – $15,000
- Next Generation Initiative – $15,000
- Indiana Black Expo – $12,000
- Ivy Endowment, Inc. – $15,000
- Bloom Project, Inc. – $13,000
- National Coalition of 100 Black Women – $14,000
- Indianapolis Professional Association – $3,000
- Alpha Esquires Inc. – $3,000