Leadership Indianapolis has tapped a former Indiana state representative and recent lieutenant governor candidate as chief executive officer. Christina Hale will also serve as president for the organization that operates the Stanley K. Lacy Leadership Series and other community leadership programs.
Additional programs under the Leadership Indianapolis umbrella include:
• Opportunity Indianapolis, a two-day community orientation program
• LEAD, a four-part skill-enhancing session for emerging and experienced leaders
• Civic Boot Camp for young professionals
• Civic Leadership Summit, where leaders address issues affecting Indianapolis
• Get on Board, which matches prospective leaders with nonprofit board opportunities
She was the running mate of former Indiana Speaker of the House and 2016 gubernatorial candidate John Gregg and served positions for Indianapolis-based Kiwanis International, including director of executive and board services, lead area director for Europe and Asia Pacific and chief communications officer.
Hale is also a board member for Indiana Humanities, the Indiana Commission on Latino Affairs, the Domestic Violence Network, the Indiana Coalition to End Sexual Assault, Heartland Film and Film Indy.
The nonprofit was launched in 2013 with the combination of the Stanley K. Lacy Leadership Series and the Lacy Leadership Association.