The Greater Kokomo Chamber of Commerce celebrated 2015 achievements with more than 300 community and business leaders Thursday at the 101st Annual Celebration of Commerce and Community. Several individuals and organizations were honored for their impact on the Kokomo business community.
“We have a strong and thriving business environment in Kokomo, and each of these award recipients is a perfect example of that. Our members’ successes are both a catalyst in and a result of our work as a Chamber, and we greatly appreciate all that our members do to make Kokomo the best community in which to live, work, and do business,” Chamber and Alliance Operations Manager Karen McCoy said.
The event also included an overview of accomplishments from the chamber, Greater Kokomo Economic Development Alliance, Greater Kokomo Downtown Association, Inventrek Technology Park, and the Greater Kokomo Visitors Bureau.
The 2015 winners are:
- 2015 Chamber Small Business of the Year – LeaderOne Financial Corporation
- 2015 Chamber Medium Business of the Year – PASTArrific Italian Restaurant
- 2015 Chamber Large Business of the Year – Fiat Chrysler Automobiles US LLC
- 2015 Impact Non-Profit Award – Kokomo Urban Outreach
- 2015 Chamber Business Person of the Year – Sandra Young, Main Street Café
- 2015 Chamber Ambassador of the Year – Sherry Rahl, Project Access Howard County
- 2015 Chamber Volunteer of the Year – Marie Radel, Indiana University Kokomo
- 2015 Visitors Bureau FIRSTS (Fantastic Individual Recognized for Superior Tourism Service) Award – Rozzi’s Catering & Continental Ballroom
- 2015 Downtown Champion Award – KipCor Inc.