IWU to Induct First Class Into ‘Hall of Honor’
Indiana Wesleyan University has announced the inaugural class of its Athletic Hall of Honor. A ceremony to induct the seven-member class is slated for February 11. The school in Marion launched intercollegiate athletics in the late-1960s.
The Class of 2017 includes:
- The Amphics and Eurekans were IWU’s two club teams that dated back to the 1920s. Their final season was 1967-68.
- Sue Bowman spent 42 years (1970-2011) coaching basketball, field hockey, softball and track and field teams.
- Marion Duvall was instrumental in the construction of the Outdoor Athletic Complex and IWU says he is one of the most loyal Wildcat fans.
- John Foss ran cross country and track and field from 1979-1983 and was the first Wildcat ever named NAIA All-American (cross-country in 1979). He is currently in his 29th year as the head coach of the men’s and women’s cross country teams.
- Perry Frank played basketball from 1983-1986 holds school records with 2,452 points and 1,691 rebounds.
- The 2000 Women’s Cross-Country Team was the first Indiana Wesleyan team to earn a top-five finish at any NAIA National Championship (finished third).
You can connect to more about the honorees by clicking here.
Story Continues Below