Ivy Tech Community College has recognized 14 honorees with its Alumni Achievement Award. They include a fire chief, a chef and a programmer.
The school says the Alumni Professional Achievement Award was presented to Michael Rusher of the Northeast region and Beth Charles of the Wabash Valley region received the Personal Achievement Award.
The awards recognize graduates with outstanding professional or personal achievements who have contributed to Ivy Tech or the community through leadership or volunteering.
Here are this year’s Alumni Achievement Award recipients:
- Deborah Good (Northwest region) – Good is the co-owner and CEO of Good Medical Management.
- Joshua Paul Amador (North Central region) – Amador is Sous Chef at the Hilton Garden Inn in South Bend.
- Michael Rusher (Northeast region) – Rusher is a registered respiratory therapist with Parkview Health.
- Karen Demerly (Lafayette region) – Demerly is a programmer/analyst/HER admin with Wabash Valley Alliance.
- Greg Aaron (Kokomo region) – Aaron serves as the executive director of the Ivy Tech Event and Conference Center in Kokomo.
- Cindy Cash (East Central region) – Cash is an instructional designer at Ball State University.
- Beth Charles (Wabash Valley region) – Charles is co-founder of Mountain Top Ministries in Haiti.
- Ernest Malone (Central Indiana region) – Malone is fire chief at the Indianapolis Fire Department.
- Vanessa Mason (Richmond region) – Mason is director of clinical studies at Forest Park Health Campus.
- Delaram Moghaddam (Columbus region) – Moghaddam is sales manager and interior designer for Scandinavian Imports Furniture Gallery.
- Steven Sassaman (Southeast region) – Sassaman is materials standards supervisor for Proximo Distillers.
- Nick Barton (Southwest region) – Barton is owner of Barton Automotive Services.
- Mendy Goonan (Southern Indiana region) – Goonan is manager of patient experience at Norton Healthcare.
- Stephanie Hamilton (Bloomington region) – Hamilton is a behavior consultant with CRF First Choice, Inc.