Ivy Tech Community College has increased its tuition-free credential offerings aimed at helping Indiana workers to skill-up from a current position or find a new job.
As part of the state’s Next Level Jobs initiative, Hoosiers can earn a free short-term certificate to prepare for a career in a high-growth, in-demand field.
“We are committed to expanding our August start offerings for Hoosiers who need to skill-up or find employment, especially with so many today experiencing challenges from the pandemic,” said Chris Lowery, senior vice president of workforce and careers, Ivy Tech Community College. “We know employers need skilled employees to fill job vacancies and most require a short-term certificate or training.”
Recent eligibility changes were also announced where Hoosiers with two- and four-year degrees are temporarily eligible for Next Level Jobs credentials.
Ivy Tech’s recently added offerings include:
- Advanced Manufacturing non-credit: NIMS Industrial Technology Maintenance Level I, SACA Industry 4.0, Welding
- Building and Construction non-credit: NCCER – Carpentry, NCCER – CORE, NCCER – Electrical, NCCER – Plumbing, NCCER – Project Supervision
- Health and Life Sciences non-credit: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Phlebotomist
- Transportation and Logistics non-credit: Certified Logistics Technician (CLT), Certified Logistics Associate (CLA), Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Credit programs: Technical Certificate in Paramedic Science, Certificate in Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Classes start at Ivy Tech on August 24 and prospective students still have time to get signed up for a Next Level Jobs program offering.
Click here to learn more about eligibility requirements.