The Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law and Purdue University College of Agriculture have announced the members of the steering committee, which will design the schools’ joint agricultural law program, which was announced in October 2017.
Members of the steering committee are:
• Harrison Pittman (pictured), The National Ag Law Center
• Tom Wilson, Robert H. McKinney School of Law
• Shawn Donkin (pictured) , Purdue University College of Agriculture
• Sarah Simpson, Indiana Board of Animal Health
• Bill Even, National Pork Board
• John Newton, American Farm Bureau Federation
• Brandt Hershman, Barnes & Thornburg
• Ron Walker, The Nature Conservancy
• Eric Hobson, Dow AgroSciences
• Kathy Mayberry, AgReliant Genetics LLC
• Maria Marshall, Robert H. McKinney School of Law
The steering committee will be tasked with ensuring that the program meets the needs of the agricultural law market and appeals to a wide student base. Members will also have input on the curriculum of the program, experiential and capstone learning opportunities and overall promotion of the program.
The committee began their work at the end of March with the goal of launching the new program in 2019.