Indiana University has launched a search to fill the position of executive director of Radio/TV Services. The university has appointed a committee to find a successor to Perry Metz, who has served in the role since 2003.
The committee will be chair by Brad Wheeler, chief information officer for the university.
"Herman Wells used to say that administration should not be a bottleneck but rather should help people do their best work. I’ve tried to keep that in mind," said Metz in a news release. "I believe that thoughtful and consistent journalism is the backbone of the American democracy. With reliable information, citizens are best equipped to decide the future of their cities, states and nation."
In addition to other duties, the executive director will oversee:
- News, Educational Services and Production
- Public TV Station WTIU
- Public Radio Station WFIU
- Corporate Development
- Operations and Engineering
- the Business Office
The search committee includes:
- Alain Barker, lecturer and director of music entrepreneurship and career development at the Jacobs School of Music
- Janae Cummings, director of communications and marketing at the Hamilton Lugar School of Global and International Studies
- Jeremy Gray, associate athletic director of IU Athletics
- Jay Kincaid, director of facilities and technology at The Media School
- Anne Ryder, senior lecturer at The Media School