Virginia-based InVEST and the Big “I" Diversity Council have announced Indiana State University, Ohio State University and the University of North Texas as the winning teams in the 2nd Annual College Agency Management Competition. Winners were chosen based on business results of owning and operating a virtual insurance agency.
The competition was designed to teach college students entrepreneurship, insurance agency management, business operations and teamwork through a virtual online competition developed by PriSim War Games.
The eight participating schools and corporate sponsors included:
- Appalachian State—Boone, NC with Selective Insurance
- Howard University — Washington, D.C. with Safeco/Liberty Mutual
- Illinois State University – Normal, IL with Risk Management Solutions of America
- Indiana State University – Terre Haute, IN with Westfield Group
- Ohio State – Columbus, OH with Nationwide
- Temple University – Philadelphia, PA with Church Mutual
- University of North Carolina – Charlotte, NC with The Hartford
- University of North Texas – Denton, TX with CNA
“Congratulations to all of the teams that participated in the competition," says Bob Rusbuldt, president and cheif executive officer of the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America in a news release. “I’m sure each student learned something valuable about what it takes to own and operate a small business. We look forward to hosting the top three teams at the Big ‘I’ Legislative Conference."