Indiana State University has named the leadership for its presidential search committee and presidential transition team. The committee will make recommendations for a successor to President Dan Bradley, who last week announced plans to step down in January.
ISU Board of Trustees members Jeff Taylor and Kim Smith will serve as chair and vice chair, respectively, of the 15-member search committee. Other members of the search committee include:
- Bart Colwell, chair of the ISU Foundation Board
- Paul Chaney, Sr., chair of the ISU Alumni Board
- Roxanne Torrence, chair of the ISU Staff Council
- Tanner Smith, president of the Student Government Association
- Bob Baesler, community representative; Diann McKee, senior vice president of finance and administration and university treasurer
- Willie Banks, vice president for student affairs
- Linda Maule, dean of the University College
The committee will also include five faculty members chosen by the Faculty Senate. David Campbell, chair of the Board of Trustees, will serve as an ex-officio member alongside Teresa Exline, chief of staff in the office of the president at ISU, providing logistical support. The university says Campbell hopes to have the complete committee in place in the next two weeks.
The search committee will screen candidates and make recommendations to the board, which will ultimately make a final decision. The committee will hold a series of listening sessions May 11 in an effort to be transparent to the public.
"The purpose of the listening sessions it to receive input from stakeholders on the qualifications, experiences and qualities the next president should have in order to be successful at Indiana State," said Campbell. "We hope to have as many people as possible attend the sessions and/or complete the online stakeholders form."
Campbell says the presidential transition team will be led by vice President for University Engagement Nancy Rogers and Trustee Ed Pease. Other members of the team will include:
- Randy Minas, trustee
- Kathy Cabello, trustee
- Ron Carpenter, vice president for development and CEO of the ISU Foundation
- Teresa Exline, chief of staff in the ISU Office of the President
- Greg Goode, executive director of governmental relations
- Sherard Clinkscales, director of intercollegiate athletics
- Rex Kendall, executive director of the ISU Alumni Association
- Four faculty representatives selected by the ISU Faculty Senate
- A representative of the Staff Council
- A representative of the Student Government Association
Campbell will also serve as an ex-officio member. The transition team will be responsible for assisting with celebratory events in honor of Dan Bradley and his wife, Cheri, as well as ensuring the new president becomes fully integrated into the ISU community.