Indianapolis Power & Light Co. has provided more details on previously-announced plans to lay off 100 employees in Indiana. The utility says the layoffs, which are part of what Virginia-based parent company AES Corp. (NYSE: AES) calls a "global strategic transformation," will begin in April.
In a notice to the state, IPL says the affected employees will be let go from six central Indiana locations. The layoffs are expected to be permanent and will take place over a two-week period, beginning April 8, from the following sites:
- 1 Monument Circle, Indianapolis
- 1230 W. Morris Street, Indianapolis
- 3600 N. Arlington Ave, Indianapolis
- 3700 S. Harding Street, Indianapolis
- 4040 Blue Bluff Road, Martinsville
- 6925 N. State Road 57, Petersburg
AES announced the layoffs Monday, which also included 60 jobs from Dayton Power & Light in Ohio. The company said the transformation aimed to improve operational efficiencies at both utilities.