In advance of the 2024 U.S. Olympic Team Trials for swimming in Indianapolis, the Indiana Sports Corp. announced leaders of the Local Organizing Committee. OneAmerica Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Scott Davison and OneAmerica Executive Vice President Karin Sarratt will co-chair the committee that will help organize and promote the nine-day event.
The trials are scheduled for June 15-23, 2024.
In March, USA Swimming and Indiana Sports Corp. announced Indy had been selected to host the competition. The trials are used to select Team USA for the 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris.
The event will take place at Lucas Oil Stadium where three temporary swimming pools will be installed.
In addition to Davison and Sarratt, the following people have been selected to oversee seven various divisions of the LOC:
- Lisa Hawkins, Vice President, Enterprise Strategy & Innovation, OneAmerica
- Doug Boles, President, Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Brandi Davis-Handy, Chief Public Relations Officer, AES Indiana
- Brad Rateike, Founding Principal, Bar Communications
- Becca Manolov, Vice President of Customer Experience, Buckingham
- Jenny Cash, Vice President, The Parks Alliance of Indianapolis
- Maggie Lewis, CEO, Boys & Girls Club Indianapolis
- William Knox, President, Legacy Sports Group LLC
- Arlene McDonald, Event Coordinator, IU Natatorium
- Sandy Searcy, Director of Sports, National Federation of State High School Associations
- Trena Roudebush, Director, Community & Governmental Relations, Geenex Solar
- Jeff Bennett, Deputy Mayor of Community Development, City of Indianapolis – Mayor’s Office
- Representatives from Indy-based Shiel Sexton Construction Co.
Indianapolis last hosted the swimming trials in 2000. The trials in 2024 will mark the 100-year-anniversary since Indy hosted the Olympic swimming trials for the 1924 Olympics, which were also held in Paris.