The Indiana Department of Transportation will host the first of six regional open houses Tuesday in an effort to gain public input on the selection of future state highway construction projects. The projects are all listed as part of the Statewide Transportation Improvement Program.
The STIP is a four-year planning document that lists all projects and programs for which the state would use federal funds to complete. It includes construction projects that are planned from July 2017 through June 2021, including highways, transit, bicycle and pedestrian.
The first open house will be held in Seymour with five more scheduled through the end of April. Each open house runs from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. The list of open houses includes:
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017: INDOT Seymour District, 185 Agrico Lane, Seymour, IN 47274
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017: INDOT Sub-District Office, 3650 S. U.S. 41, Vincennes, IN 47591
- Thursday, March 30, 2017: Crawfordsville Public Library, 205 S. Washington St., Crawfordsville, IN 47933
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017: INDOT District Office, 315 E. Boyd Blvd., LaPorte, IN 46350 (Will take place from 3pm to 6pm local time)
- Wednesday, April 12, 2017: INDOT District Office, 5333 Hatfield Rd., Fort Wayne, IN 46808
- Thursday, April 13, 2017: INDOT Traffic Management Center, 8620 E. 21st St., Indianapolis, IN 46219
You can find more information on the STIP and how to submit comments online by clicking here.
INDOT has also announced several projects already in the works, including a $12 million project in Flat Rock that will result in the closure of State Road 252 beginning April 4. The project will include the widening and resurfacing of seven miles of the road as well as bridge work at Lewis Creek and Flat Rock River.
Crews will also close State Road 32 just east of Lebanon beginning April 3 for bridge deck overlay project over Isenhouer Ditch. The roadway is scheduled to reopon April 28.
You can view the latest on construction projects throughout the state by clicking here.