INDOT Gets to Work on Bridges of Shelby County
A contractor has been selected for a project to maintain and preserve eleven bridges on or near Interstate 74. The $3.3 million contract involves North Vernon-based Dave O’Mara Contractor Inc.
The Indiana Department of Transportation says the work is set to begin Wednesday in locations throughout Shelby County. It will be complete in November.
The bridges include:
- I-74 bridges over Big Blue River
- Knightstown Road bridge over I-74
- Rushville Road bridge over I-74
- I-74 bridges over Little Blue River
- I-74 bridges over State Road 44
- I-74 bridges over North Fork of Lewis Creek
- Blue Ridge Road bridge over I-74
The work involves repairing or replacing concrete bridge components, painting structural steel, or applying modified concrete overlays to the bridge decks.
You can connect to more about the projects by clicking here.
Story Continues Below