Local tourism organizations and individuals were recognized for their contributions and initiatives this week. The Indiana Tourism Association’s annual awards ceremony honors players in the tourism industry that are "creative, innovative and maximize the dollars invested."
The event was part of the three-day Indiana Tourism Conference that drew nearly 190 tourism leaders to Clarksville from throughout the state. The association was established in 1980 and it partners with the Indiana Office of Tourism Development, Association of Indiana Restaurant and Lodging and other statewide organizations to support investment and promotion of the economic contributions of tourism in Indiana.
The 2018 winners are:
- Best Cooperative Partnership – Visit Fort Wayne for "CurrentFortWayne.com"
- Best Culinary Focused Marketing Campaign – Visit South Bend Mishawaka for "Indiana’s Cool North Taco Wars"
- Best Digital Marketing – Visit Bloomington for "Bloomington Tourism Advocacy/Convention Center Expansion Campaign"
- Best Event/Festival – Elkhart County Convention and Visitors Bureau for "Quilt Gardens Along the Heritage Trail 10th Anniversary"
- Best Leisure Travel Promotion – Grant County Convention and Visitors Bureau for "Classic Cool Brand Launch"
- Best Visitor Guide (Marketing Budgets under $300,000) – Columbus Area Visitors Center for "Columbus In Style"
- Best Visitor Guide (Marketing Budgets over $300,000) – Visit Hendricks County for "2017 Visitors Guide"
- Best Tourism Website – Visit Madison
- Indiana Tourism Association Member of the Year – Jim Epperson, SoIN
You can connect to more about the association by clicking here.