The Indiana Department of Education has released its list of the 10 finalists for the 2023 Indiana Teacher of the Year. The IDOE says the program recognizes outstanding teachers throughout Indiana who are making a difference for students.
Finalists are selected by a committee, including former Teachers of the Year, IDOE staff, and other educational organizations.
“Nearly everyone can remember their favorite teacher – the person who taught them, encouraged them and inspired them to achieve their dreams,” said Katie Jenner, Indiana Secretary of Education. “Our teachers’ work matters today and will continue to impact students throughout their entire lives.”
The 2023 finalists are:
- Kathleen Avery, South Bend Community School Corp.
- Amanda Beck, Tippecanoe School Corp.
- Jason Beer, Southwest Allen County Schools
- Tara Cocanower, Bluffton-Harrison Metropolitan School District
- Joshua DeBard, Lebanon Community School Corp.
- Amanda Fox, Penn-Harris-Madison School Corp.
- Helen Hearon, Mill Creek Community Schools
- Kelly Hine, Zionsville Community Schools
- Courtney Ramos, MSD of Wayne Township
- Karisa Schwanekamp, Plainfield Community School Corp.
The winner will be announced later this fall. Click here to learn more about the program.