The American Heart Association’s Workplace Health Achievement Index is recognizing Hoosier organizations that have invested in the health of their employees. Sixteen Indiana businesses are being lauded for their work to build a culture of health and to invest in their workforces.
The web-based scorecard measures best practices and aggregates employee health data to determine the quality and detail of workplace health programs. The index also calculates an average heart health score for workers that submit data.
More than 750 organizations finished the assessment, which evaluated the time period of July 20, 2019 to June 30, 2020. Of the companies, 35% received gold recognition, which is the highest to date, 29% silver and 25% bronze.
Indiana organizations recognized by the Workplace Health Achievement Index
- Allison Transmission, Indianapolis – Gold
- CNO Financial Group, Carmel – Gold
- Deaconess Hospital, Evansville – Gold
- Duke Realty, Indianapolis – Gold
- MSD Lawrence Township, Indianapolis – Gold
- Saint Meinrad Archabbey, Saint Meinrad – Gold
- Apex Benefits, Indianapolis – Silver
- Citizens Energy Group, Indianapolis – Silver
- Decatur County Memorial Hospital, Greensburg – Silver
- Elements Financial, Indianapolis – Silver
- Indianapolis Public Library, Indianapolis – Silver
- OneAmerica, Indianapolis – Silver
- American Licorice Company, LaPorte – Bronze
- Ball State University, Muncie – Bronze
- Kimball International, Jasper – Bronze
- Oliver Winery, Bloomington – Completer
“The American Heart Association applauds these local companies for their efforts in cultivating healthier work environments and communities. With the COVID-19 pandemic significantly impacting how organizations work, we are enthusiastic about the number of organizations committed to building a culture of health and well-being,” said Dr. William Gill, president of the AHA’s board of directors in Indianapolis.
For more on the index, click here.