The Bloomington Chamber of Commerce has named Indiana Limestone Co. as its 2017 Large Business of the Year. The chamber says the company was chosen for its strong community involvement and business success, based on growth of employees, sales volume and profitability.
The award was given during the chamber’s annual meeting, during which is also presented honors for Small Business of the Year, Medium Business of the Year and its Lifetime Achievement Award. The winners of all of the awards include:
- Ambassador of the Year – Rachel Robertson, TownePlace Suites and Fairfield Inn and Suites
- Small Business of the Year – Hurlow Wealth Management
- Nancy Howard Diversity Award – My Sister’s Closet
- Workforce Development Award – David St. John, Region 8 Works Council
- Franklin Initiative’s Golden Key Award – Rex Hinkle, Cook Aviation
- Medium Business of the Year – Comprehensive Financial Consultants
- Morgan Hutton Visionary Award – Tim Mayer
- Large Business of the Year – Indiana Limestone
- Diane Breeden-Lee Catalyst Award – Sandy DeWeese, IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians
- Lloyd Olcott Community Service Award – Tim Ellis
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Bill C. Brown
"We’re honored and privileged to have been considered for this award," said Tom Quigley, chief executive officer of Indiana Limestone. "Bloomington is an incredible, thriving community, full of talented and dedicated individuals. We’re proud to be part of it, and we appreciate the support that the Chamber gives Indiana Limestone and the entire business community here."
The award is a continuation of Indiana Limestone’s resurgence after filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in 2014 and initial plans to cease operations later that year. The company was later acquired by Chicago-based Wynnchurch Capital Ltd. and moved its headquarters from Oolitic to Bloomington.
In a 2016 interview on Inside INdiana Business Television, Quigley said the company was focusing on technology, marketing and growth opportunities. You can view more on Indiana Limestone Co. from the Bloomington Chamber of Commerce in the video below: