Sixteen FFA members from around the state are preparing to interview for the opportunity to serve as an Indiana FFA State Officer for the upcoming year. Once completed, the Indiana FFA says seven individuals will be selected for the roles of president, secretary, northern region vice president, southern region vice president, treasurer, reporter and sentinel.
During the 92nd Indiana FFA State Convention, the candidates will participate in an interview and selection process. The winners will be announced at the final session on Thursday.
“The FFA Organization is a vital pipeline that continues to equip young individuals with the skills they need to prosper in all of their future endeavors,” said Indiana State Department of Agriculture Director Bruce Kettler. “I look forward to seeing the seven young individuals tasked with leading the FFA organization make waves throughout the upcoming year.“
Once selected, the Indiana FFA says the newly-elected officers will take on a year of service, providing direction and overseeing the development of the student-led organization.
The following list includes the 16 candidates:
- Madisen Carns, Mt Vernon @ Fortville FFA
- Shayla Crawford, Connersville FFA
- Kayla Florian, South Newton FFA
- Jeremiah Geise, Rushville FFA
- Adison Hawk, Fountain Central FFA
- Tyler Kilmer, Tri-County FFA
- Jolene Morris, Benton Central FFA
- Lillian Mussche, Southmont FFA
- Nicholas Neuman, Rushville FFA
- Kourtney Otte, Seymour FFA
- Logan Overman, Greenfield Central FFA
- Edwin Pluimer, Southern Wells FFA
- Ashanti Snodgrass, South Newton FFA
- Abigail Stuckwish, Brownstown Central FFA
- Jordyn Wickard, Eastern Hancock FFA
- Bonnie Witt, Sullivan FFA
Along with promoting FFA, agriculture and agricultural education, some of their responsibilities include conducting FFA chapter visits, facilitating leadership conferences, and hosting career and leadership development events.