An advisory group has been formed to assist the state’s travel industry as it attempts to recover from COVID-19. The Indiana Destination Recovery Council will be led by Lieutenant Governor Suzanne Crouch.
“The IDRC will work closely with the Indiana Economic Relief and Recovery task force appointed by Governor Eric Holcomb to administer federal relief funds from the CARES Act,” said Crouch. “This collaborative approach will help our partners as they work to safely reopen and will put Indiana tourism back on track.”
Indiana Destination Development Secretary and Chief Executive Officer Elaine Bledel is leading the council comprised of industry experts. Members of the new council:
- Allison Barber, Ph.D., President & COO of the Indiana Fever
- Jeffrey Brown, CEO of Schahet Hotels
- Matt Eckert, President & CEO of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari
- Jim Epperson, Executive Director of SoIN Tourism
- Todd Hensley, CEO of Gym Rats
- Leonard Hoops, President & CEO of Visit Indy
- Dana Huber, Vice President, Marketing and Public Relations of Huber’s Orchard, Winery & Vineyards
- Jeffrey McCabe, Co-founder and Executive Chairman for Big Woods Restaurants, Quaff ON! Brewing Co. and Hard Truth Distilling Co.”
- Mario Rodriguez, Executive Director of the Indianapolis Airport Authority
“COVID-19 will have a sustained impact on the leisure and travel-related industry,” said Bedel. “By forming this council, we hope to recommend programs that help the industry become economically stable again as well as strategies that focus on being even stronger in the future.”
The council’s first meeting was held Thursday morning.