The Indiana Department of Education has announced recipients of 2015-2016 Innovation Planning Grants. More than a dozen schools and school corporations will use the funding to create or expand e-learning opportunities in their classrooms. The Indiana Department of Education says each recipient will receive $30,000 to support professional development, technology readiness assessments and other resources.
“As educators work to prepare Hoosier students for the 21st century, it is essential that schools have the resources their students need to succeed in the ever-changing, global economy. e-learning programs, like those supported by the Innovation Planning Grant, provide students with innovative learning opportunities. That is why I am excited to announce the recipients of the 2015-16 Innovation Planning Grant today,” Indiana’s Superintendent of Public Instruction Glenda Ritz said.
The Innovation Planning Grant is funded by the state through the David C. Ford technology fund.
The grant recipients include:
- Clark-Pleasant Community School Corporation
- Community Schools of Frankfort
- Concord Community Schools
- Delaware Community School Corporation
- Elkhart Community Schools
- Indianapolis Metropolitan High School
- Medora Community Schools
- Mitchell Community Schools
- Metropolitan School District of Martinsville
- Shoals Community School Corporation
- Sunman-Dearborn Community School Corporation
- Westfield Washington Schools
- Westview School Corporation