The American Heart Association has recognized eight Indiana organizations on its Workplace Health Achievement Index. More than 800 companies throughout the country were assessed on the index, which evaluates the overall quality and comprehensiveness of a company’s workplace health program.
The participating companies complete an index assessment each year and the AHA says, this year, 67 percent received either Gold, Silver, or Bronze recognition for their programs. The AHA says the index also calculates and average heart health score for employees.
The Indiana companies receiving recognition include:
- American Commercial Barge Line, Jeffersonville: Gold
- Duke Realty, Indianapolis: Gold
- Angie’s List, Indianapolis: Bronze
- Apex Benefits Group, Indianapolis: Bronze
- Decatur County Memorial Hospital, Greensburg: Bronze
- National Office Furniture, Jasper: Bronze
- Pike Township Fire Department, Indianapolis: Bronze
- RCI, Carmel: Bronze
The AHA says companies have also received benchmarking reports, which provide information on potential areas of improvement in order gain a better score the following year. You can learn more about the Workplace Health Achievement Index by clicking here.