Fourteen Indiana colleges and universities have been awarded grants from a partnership between the Indiana Commission for Higher Education and Indiana Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate. The 14 institutions were awarded nearly $130,000 to expose high school juniors and seniors to educational opportunities and help with applications and financial aid.
The Indiana GEAR UP Bridge to College Day is designed to help with college readiness priorities including, 21st Century Scholar Success Program completion, parent and family engagement programming, career exploration and more.
“Bridge to College Days provides students with invaluable experiences that allow them to explore postsecondary options and increase college readiness before they make the transition to education beyond high school. There is not a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to education beyond high school. The grant recipients play an important role in making sure high school students are prepared to apply, make informed choices with financial aid and get connected with on-campus resources,” said Indiana Commissioner for Higher Education Teresa Lubbers.
Indiana GEAR UP funds the grants and is led by staff from Purdue University and the Indiana Commission for Higher Education to follow a targeted cohort of students over the seven-year period from 2016-2023.
- Fall 2021/Spring 2022 Bridge to College Day grant recipients:
- Indiana University Bloomington – $10,000
- Indiana University Kokomo – $9,819
- Indiana University Northwest – $10,000
- Indiana University Southeast – $10.,000
- Ivy Tech Community College Indianapolis – $10,000
- Ivy Tech Community College Kokomo – $2,900
- Ivy Tech Community College Lafayette – $6,311
- Ivy Tech Community College Sellersburg – $10,000
- Purdue Polytechnic Anderson – $10,000
- Purdue Polytechnic Indianapolis -$10,000
- Purdue Polytechnic Kokomo – $10,000
- Purdue Polytechnic Lafayette – $10,000
- Purdue Polytechnic New Albany – $10,000
- Purdue University West Lafayette – $10,000
For a list of program summaries the grants are supporting, click here.