More than a dozen Indiana-based banks are listed among the "Top 200 Community Banks" by American Banker magazine. The banks are ranked based on their return on average equity over a three year period.
Only banks with less than $2 billion in assets are included on the list. Evansville-based Fidelity Federal Bancorp, the parent of United Fidelity Bank, tops the list and is the only Indiana bank in the top 10.
First Farmers Financial Corp. in Converse, parent of First Farmers Bank & Trust, is ranked at number 13 followed by Frankfort-based Farmers Bancorp, parent of The Farmers Bank.
The remaining Indiana banks included on the list are:
- 58 – F.S. Bancorp (Farmers State Bank – LaGrange)
- 69 – Northeast Indiana Bancorp (First Federal Savings Bank – Huntington)
- 71 – FFW Corp. (Crossroads Bank – Wabash)
- 73 – Community First Bank of Indiana (Kokomo)
- 98 – Crystal Valley Financial Corp. (First State Bank – Middlebury)
- 106 – NorthWest Indiana Bancorp (Peoples Bank – Munster)
- 147 – National Bank of Indianapolis (Indianapolis)
- 161 – MutualFirst Financial (MutualBank – Muncie)
- 165 – First Capital (First Harrison Bank – Corydon)
- 184 – Logansport Financial Corp. (Logansport Savings Bank – Logansport)