Nearly three dozen Hoosier airports will collectively receive $42 million in federal funding for a variety of infrastructure and safety improvements.
The grants are part of a $1.2 billion award from the U.S. Department of Transportation which will support 405 airports in all 50 states and six U.S. territories.
In Indiana, the funding ranges from $13.3 million to South Bend International Airport to rebuild a taxiway to $50,000 awarded to Terre Haute Regional Airport Hulman Field for an airport wildlife assessment program.
The Department is awarding federal grants to the following airports in the State of Indiana:
- $155,000 to Anderson Municipal-Darlington Field to rehabilitate an apron and taxiway.
- $166,666 to DeKalb County Airport to purchase land for approaches.
- $1,437,450 to Virgil I Grissom Municipal Airport in Bedford to build a taxiway.
- $220,000 to Monroe County Airport to install signage.
- $2,793,500 to Columbus Municipal Airport to install perimeter fencing.
- $316,606 to Hendricks County-Gordon Graham Field to rehabilitate a runway and runway lighting.
- $2,188,911 to Evansville Regional to improve a safety area, update a terminal building and rehabilitate a taxiway.
- $59,200 to Frankfort Municipal Airport to update a hangar.
- $153,110 to French Lick Municipal Airport to extend a taxiway and expand an apron.
- $374,416 to Greensburg Municipal Airport to build a runway.
- $166,666 to Griffith-Merrillville Airport to seal apron joints.
- $1,803,463 to Huntington Municipal Airport to rehabilitate a runway.
- $10,391,837 to Indianapolis International Airport to rebuild a runway and taxiway, and create infrastructure for the Voluntary Airport Low Emissions Program (VALE).
- $1,000,000 to Kentland Municipal Airport to build an apron.
- $316,666 to LaPorte Municipal to update the airport’s master plan.
- $719,000 to Purdue University Airport to buy an airport rescue and firefighting vehicle.
- $166,030 to Logansport/Cass County Airport to update the airport’s master plan.
- $145,885 to Madison Municipal to purchase land, build an apron and improve airport obstruction marking.
- $166,666 to Indianapolis Regional Airport in McCordsville to update the airport’s master plan.
- $736,775 to Michigan City Municipal-Phillips Field to purchase land.
- $55,284 to White County Airport to extend a runway.
- $192,575 to New Castle Henry County Marlatt Field to purchase land.
- $166,666 to Paoli Municipal Airport to improve a fuel farm.
- $341,623 to Portland Municipal Airport to extend a runway.
- $535,307 to Jasper County Airport to purchase land.
- $167,340 to Fulton County Airport to update signage, navigational aids, lighting and beacons.
- $286,111 to Salem Municipal Airport to extend a runway.
- $96,000 to Freeman Municipal Airport in Seymour to rehabilitate an apron.
- $13,319,538 to South Bend International Airport to rebuild a taxiway.
- $270,601 to Sullivan County Airport to seal runway surfaces.
- $588,750 to Perry County Municipal Airport to rehabilitate runway lighting.
- $50,000 to Terre Haute Regional Airport Hulman Field for an airport wildlife assessment program.
- $165,000 to Porter County Regional Airport to install perimeter fencing.
- 1,927,524 to Warsaw Municipal Airport to rehabilitate a runway.