Six central and southern Indiana counties will see their income tax rates increase next year. Local income taxes are fixed by county officials and sent to the Indiana Department of Revenue for review.
The counties impacted and their new rates:
- Martin County: 0.025 (increased from 0.0175)
- Owen County: 0.016 (increased from 0.014)
- Randolph County: 0.025 (increased from 0.0225)
- Shelby County: 0.016 (increased from 0.015)
- Switzerland County: 0.0125 (increased from 0.01)
- Union County: 0.02 (increased from 0.0175)
The tax rates affect businesses with employees who live or work in these counties and have income tax withholdings.
A list of all current county rates in Indiana can be found here.