Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis, a charitable women’s organization, has announced the five central Indiana nonprofits that will compete for a $100,000 grant. The Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis 2021 Change-Maker winner will be named during a virtual event in June.
The organization says members will cast their votes electronically following a seven-minute video presentation from each of the finalists.
“Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis not only has the privilege of making transformational gifts available in the community where we live, but empowers women to get to know nonprofits on a deeper-level and determine collectively what need to fund,” said Karen Holly, president of Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis. “We are ecstatic to have these five nonprofits as 2021 Change-Maker finalists and hope members of the community will join us for our virtual celebration to learn how a giving circle works and to share in the celebration of awarding transformative grants to organizations with innovative ideas for solving social problems.”
2021 Change-Maker finalists in the five focus areas are:
- Arts, Culture & Preservation: Hip Hop Shakespeare, Indy Shakes (Indianapolis Shakespeare Co. Inc.)
- Education: Education Expansion, Westminster Neighborhood Services
- Environment & Animal Welfare: Foster Pet Program and Sanctuary, Beacon of Hope Crisis Center
- Family: You Yes You! Project, You Yes You!
- Health & Wellness: Senior Home Repair, NeighborLink Indianapolis Foundation Inc.
One nonprofit will be awarded the 2021 Impact 100 Change-Maker $100,000 high-impact grant. The organization says the other four finalists will receive residual grants of $16,788 each.