IDOE names recipients of $5M counseling grant program
The Indiana Department of Education has announced recipients of the newly-established Comprehensive School Counseling Grant. Twenty six school districts and charter schools received a total of $5 million to further develop and expand school counseling services and resources.
IDOE says the grant is part of Indiana’s Comprehensive School Counseling Model, an effort launched in late 2022, to help improve student achievement, overall well-being, and college and career readiness.
The grant program provides additional support for schools as they work to implement a comprehensive school counseling model, specifically focused on lowering counselor-to -student ratios, improving student outcomes, and establishing/strengthening partnerships with community organizations and employers.
The IDOE says this round of funding will support more than 117,000 students across 17 Indiana counties. In some cases, the funding will support the placement of a counselor where none previously existed. The program will also contract with outside mental health professionals to provide services for students and families upon their request.
Recipients of the grant:
- Bluffton-Harrison MSD – $133,500.00
- Caston School Corp. – $72,522.00
- Center Grove Community School Corp. – $87,000.00
- Central Indiana Educational Service Center – $404,480.00
- East Noble School Corp. – $191,400.00
- Evansville Vanderburgh School Corp. – $543,942.00
- Franklin Community School Corp. – $5,162.48
- Hanover Community School Corp. – $237,696.00
- Invent Learning Hub Marion $93,484.00
- Kokomo School Corp. – $236,599.00
- Lake Ridge New Tech Schools – $349,088.00
- Medora Community School Corp. – $230,000.00
- Michigan City Schools – $97,215.00
- MSD Washington Township – $439,090.00
- Muncie Community Schools – $380,611.00
- Nettle Creek School Corp. – $59,500.00
- Northeastern Wayne Schools – $59,500.00
- School City of Hammond – $145,000.00
- School City of Whiting – $169,400.00
- South Madison Community School Corp. – $184,671.00
- South Montgomery School Corp. – $400,256.00
- Southeast Neighborhood School of Excellence – $149,000.00
- Southwest Parke Community School Corp. – $65,430.00
- Southwest School Corp. – $307,210.00
- Twin Lakes School Corp. – $25,061.00