The Indiana Department of Education has added nearly 30 Promising Practices in schools throughout the state. The program honors high-quality, student-centered practices that make a positive impact on students.
The IDOE will recognize a total of 200 Promising Practices before December 31 as a way to celebrate Indiana’s bicentennial. To date, 78 Promising Practices have been honored by the state.
"Since day one, my top priority has been to ensure that every student has access to high-quality education and support no matter where they live or attend school," said Glenda Ritz, Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction. "In every corner of our state, schools and communities are providing students with the learning opportunities and wrap-around services they need to be successful in school and in life."
You can find more information on the program by clicking here. The latest Promising Practices are below.
Corporation, School, Promising Practice:
- Bartholomew Consolidated School Corp., Districtwide, Creating Inclusive Learning Environments
- Beech Grove City Schools, Districtwide, Hornet Enrichment Academy
- Center Grove Community School Corp., Center Grove Alternative Academy, Alternative High School Education
- Indianapolis Public Schools, Clarence Farrington Elementary School, Personalized Teacher Development
- Evansville Vanderburgh School Corp., Daniel Wertz Elementary School, Professional Learning Communities
- CSUSA, Emma Donnan Middle School, Student-Led Conferences
- Madison Consolidated School Corp., E.O. Muncie Elementary School, Behavior to ROAR About
- Fairfield Community Schools, Districtwide, Linking Family & Community to Pathways
- Fort Wayne Community Schools, Districtwide, Interpreter Call Center
- Franklin Community Schools, Districtwide, High Ability Programming
- Franklin Township Community School Corp., Districtwide, High Quality Digital Lesson Planning
- MSD of Washington Township, Greenbriar Elementary School, Tie Thursdays
- MSD of Wayne Township, Hawthorne Elementary, Parents are the CORE Meetings
- Indianapolis Public Schools, Districtwide, Learning Well: A School Health Partnership
- Indianapolis Public Schools, Meredith Nicholson Elementary School #96, Gopher JAM
- Merrillville Community Schools, Districtwide, STAND Club
- MSD of Washington Township, Nora Elementary School, Nora Community Outreach
- North Montgomery School Corp., Northridge Middle School, Classroom Walkthroughs
- Seymour Community School Corp., Redding Elementary School, HANDS in Autism Framework
- School City of Hammond, Districtwide, Principal Partners Pursuing Excellence
- MSD of Warren County, Seeger Memorial Jr/Sr High School, Heart Rate Visualization
- Shelbyville Central Schools, Shelbyville High School, Student Achievement Center
- South Ripley Community School Corp., South Ripley Elementary School, Blended Learning Spaces
- South Vermillion Community Schools, Districtwide, Student Digital Leadership
- Richmond Community Schools, Starr Elementary School, Data Drives Action
- Vigo County School Corp., Districtwide, Reading, Writing and Math Coaches – Accelerating Learning
- Western School Corp., Western Primary School, Family Fitness Night
- Zionsville Community Schools, Zionsville Community High School, Peer Facilitating