The Indiana Department of Labor and the Indiana Chamber of Commerce are recognizing nine Hoosier companies and eight individuals for exemplary workplace safety practices and advocacy. The awards were presented during the annual Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards event.
The event, which was held virtually as a part of the 2021 Indiana Safety and Health Conference and Expo, is hosted by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce and Central Indiana Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers in partnership with the Indiana Department of Labor.
“The organizations and individuals recognized today have answered the call to become leaders in occupational safety and health,” said Indiana Department of Labor Commissioner Joe Hoage. “Their accomplishments have touched the lives of hundreds of employees and families, and we are honored to celebrate their achievements.”
Companies were recognized in the categories of education and outreach, partnerships, and rising star.
The 2021 Governor’s Workplace Safety Award recipients include:
- Edwards Electrical & Mechanical, Indianapolis – Education & Outreach Internal
- Gribbins Insulation Co. Inc., Evansville – Education & Outreach Internal
- Clean Fuels National, Keystone – Education & Outreach Internal
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management, Indianapolis – Partnerships
- Sustainable Sourcing LLC, Clinton – Partnerships
- Louis Dreyfus Co., Claypool – Rising Star
- No-Sag Products; Division of Leggett & Platt Inc., Kendallville – Rising Star
“This past year has really amplified how important it is for employers to prioritize a safety strategy and deliver that message to employees – for the health of both the individuals and the company,” said Indiana Chamber of Commerce President Kevin Brinegar.
The event also presented the Everyday Safety Hero Award to Hoosiers who have championed excellence in workplace safety and health. Individuals were nominated by their peers or organizations.
The 2021 Everyday Safety Hero Award recipients include:
- Patti Miskus, School Nurse at Saint Mary Catholic Community School, Crown Point
- Katie Dodd, Certified Early Intervention Specialist at ATI Worksite Solutions, Indianapolis
- Claire Sayre, Certified Early intervention Specialist at ATI Worksite Solutions, Indianapolis
- Russ Dunton, General Manager at No-Sag Products; Division of Leggett & Platt Inc., Kendallville
- Donald Mead, Maintenance Engineer at No-Sag Products; Division of Leggett & Platt Inc., Kendallville
- Gene Fischer, Tooling Engineer at No-Sag Products; Division of Leggett & Platt Inc., Kendallville