An international list of recommended museums has an entry from east central Indiana. Smithsonian.com’s "Twelve New Museums to Visit in 2016" includes the Levi Coffin House in Wayne County.
The Fountain City attraction is known as "Grand Central Station" of the Underground Railroad. As part of the state’s 2016 Bicentennial Celebration a new interpretive center is being built next to the National Historic Landmark. The house was built in 1839.
You can connect to more about the Coffin House by clicking here.
The rest of the list includes:
- Pompeii in Naples, Italy
- The House of Marbury in Beijing, China
- Audain Art Museum in Whistler, Canada
- GRAMMY Museum Mississippi in Cleveland, Mississippi
- National Blues Museum in St. Louis, Missouri
- Boverie in Liège, Belgium
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art in San Francisco, California
- Chaplin’s World: The Modern Times Museum in Corsier-sur-Vevey, Switzerland
- The Etches Collection, Museum of Jurassic Marine Life in Kimmeridge, England
- Museum of Image and Sound in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington, D.C.
You can connect to the full list by clicking here.