The United States Navy has awarded business to more than 600 contractors throughout the country, including several in Indiana. Specific numbers for each contract were not released, but the government estimates a maximum of nearly $4 billion in services will be performed each year.
The Navy says the contracts will cover more than 20 functional service areas, including research and development support; modeling, simulation, stimulation and analysis support, training support and acquisition logistics support, among others.
The Indiana companies receiving contracts include:
- 5D Analytics LLC in Bedford
- American Structurepoint in Indianapolis
- Communications Products Inc. in Indianapolis
- Odyssian Technology LLC in South Bend
- STLogistics in Indianapolis
- Strategic Technical Services LLC in Carmel
- Tessa Two Inc. in Indianapolis
The Navy says the funds will be awarded when the orders are made. The Naval Sea Systems Command in Virginia is the contracting activity.