Four Indiana breweries have taken home top honors in the 2018 Great American Beer Festival in Colorado. The three-day event awards medals for excellence in more than 100 beer style categories.
The Hoosier breweries received three gold, one silver, and one bronze medal in what the Brewers Guild of Indiana calls one of the most prestigious beer events in the world. The Indiana winners include:
- Tripel Carmel-ite – Flix Brewhouse – Carmel – Gold, Belgian-Style Tripel
- Deduction – Taxman Brewing Co. – Bargersville – Bronze, Belgian-Style Dubbel or Quadrupel
- Qualified – Taxman Brewing Co. – Bargersville – Silver, Belgian-Style Strong Specialty Ale
- Kill the Lights – The Tap Brewery – Bloomington – Gold, Imperial Stout
- Two of Tarts – Upland Brewing Co. – Bloomington – Gold, Gose
More than 800 breweries participated in the competition, pouring 4,000 beers to be judged. You can view the full list of winners by clicking here.