The National Endowment for the Arts is awarding $600,000 to 12 nonprofit arts organizations throughout Indiana. The NEA says the funding will be used to support staff salaries, fees for artists or contractual personnel, and facilities costs.
The recipients include:
- Batesville Area Arts Council in Batesville – $50,000
- American Cello Institute Inc. in Bloomington – $50,000
- American Folklore Society Inc. in Bloomington – $50,000
- Lotus Education and Arts Foundation Inc. in Bloomington – $50,000
- Great American Songbook Foundation Inc. in Carmel – $50,000
- Fort Wayne Civic Theatre Inc. in Fort Wayne – $50,000
- DePauw University in Greencastle – $50,000
- Arts Council of Indianapolis Inc. in Indianapolis – $50,000
- Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra in Indianapolis – $50,000
- City of Jasper – $50,000
- South Shore Arts Inc. in Munster – $50,000
- South Bend Symphony Orchestra in South Bend – $50,000
In April, the NEA announced the distribution of the required 40% of the CARES Act’s $75 million appropriation to the state and regional arts agencies, including the Indiana Arts Commission.
The IAC, with support from Arts Midwest and Arts United of Greater Fort Wayne, distributed the funds in June.