Several airports throughout the state will receive support through two recent rounds of funding from the Federal Aviation Administration. The Airport Improvement Program covers what Administrator Michael Huerta calls "critical airport infrastructure projects."
The funds will help pay for work that involves categories including runways, taxiways, airport signage, lighting and markings. The Indiana project funding comes from pools totaling $185 million and $230 million. They include:
- Indianapolis Regional in McCordsville, apron rehabilitation, $53,236
- Hendricks County- Gordon Graham Field in Danville, runway rehabilitation, $458,424
- Frankfort Municipal, update airport master plan study, $104,400
- Huntington Municipal, apron expansion, $441,002
- La Porte Municipal, land acquisition for development, $150,000
- Shelbyville Municipal, runway rehabilitation, $130,500