The Indiana Department of Labor is recognizing four Hoosier companies and six individuals for exemplary workplace-safety practices and advocacy. The Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards were presented during the 2022 Indiana Safety and Health Conference and Expo.
“The dedication these companies and workers show to improving workplace safety is one example of what sets Hoosier businesses and employees apart from the rest of the nation,” said Commissioner Joe Hoage. “We are proud to honor these businesses as leaders in occupational safety and health.”
Indiana companies were recognized in the categories of education and outreach, partnerships, innovations, and rising star. The recipients are listed below:
- Kimball Electronics, Jasper – Education & Outreach
- The Skillman Corp., Indianapolis – Partnerships
- Toyota Material Handling Inc., Columbus – Partnerships
- Gribbins Insulation, Evansville – Innovations
- Hoehn Plastics Inc., Poseyville – Rising Star
- MasterBrand Cabinets Inc., Ferdinand – Rising Star
“This past year has really amplified how important it is for employers to prioritize a safety strategy and deliver that message to employees – for the health of both the individuals and the company,” said Indiana Chamber of Commerce President Kevin Brinegar. “We are pleased to recognize these organizations and leaders who continue to embrace workplace safety at the highest levels.”
The Everyday Safety Hero Award recognizes workplace safety and health excellence. The recipients are below:
- Randy Miller, maintenance supervisor with Cardinal IG in Fremont
- Don Voegerl, facilities maintenance team lead with Kimball Electronics in Jasper
- Scott Lewis, clinton plant director with Sustainable Sourcing LLC in Lisle
- Rob Seals, UAW 685 safety representative with Stellantis-Indiana Transmission Plant in Kokomo
The awards are part of a partnership among the DoL, Governor Eric Holcomb, the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and the Central Indiana Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers.