Governor Eric Holcomb has appointed three new members of the Indiana Economic Development Corp. Board of Directors. The governor also made appointments and reappointments to other various boards and commissions.
The new IEDC board members include former Eli Lilly and Co. (NYSE: LLY) Chief Executive Officer John Lechleiter, Hulman & Co. CEO Mark Miles and Riverside Manufacturing Owner Fred Merritt. The terms for Miles and Merritt will expire March 21, 2021, while Lechleiter’s term expires April 1, 2021.
The new appointees will replace three veteran members who were let go from the board earlier this week. Holcomb made several reappointments to the IEDC board, including:
- Ms. Angela F. Braly
- Mr. Richard L. Johnson, Jr.
- Mr. Michael L Kubacki
- Mr. Dayton Molendorp
- Mr. John T. Thompson
Additionally, Holcomb made the following appointments to various boards and commissions.
Commission for Higher Education
- Dr. Beverley Pitts, President Emerita of the University of Indianapolis. Dr. Pitts’ term expires June 30, 2018.
- Mr. Alfonso Vidal, President of Vidal Plastics, LLC. Mr. Vidal’s term expires June 30, 2019.
Horse Racing Commission
- Dr. Phillip C. Borst, Owner, Shelby Street Animal Clinic. Dr. Borst fills a vacant term set to expire Nov. 1, 2017, and has been designated chairman of the commission by Gov. Holcomb.
Governor’s Residence Commission
- Ms. Ann S Frick
- Mr. William A. “Bill” Browne, Jr.
- Ms. Jackie Morris
- Ms. Julie Kirby
- Mr. Lou Gerig
- Ms. Shandon Whistler
- Ms. Vicki Goode
- Ms. Marianne Molony, chief of staff to First Lady Janet Holcomb, was designated by the governor as a non-voting advisor to the commission.
Governor’s Public Building Foundation (reappointments)
- Mr. Robert T. Grand
- Ms. Deborah J. Daniels
- Ms. Lesa F. Dietrick
Midwestern Higher Education Compact
- Dr. Charles R. Johnson, Jr., President of Vincennes University. Dr. Johnson’s term expires in Feb. 2021.
- Dr. Ken Sauer, Senior Associate Commissioner and Chief Academic Officer for the Indiana Commission for Higher Education. Dr. Sauer is the governor’s delegate. (reappointment)
Great Lakes Commission
- Ms. Sharon M. Jackson, Deputy General Counsel for the Office of the Governor, Filling vacant term expiring in Dec. 2018.
- Mr. Bruno L. Pigott, Commissioner of the Indiana Department of Environmental Management, Filling vacant term expiring in Dec. 2018.
Indiana Public Retirement System Board of Trustees
- The Honorable Tera K. Klutz, Auditor of State of Indiana, term ending in June 2019
- The Honorable Kelly Mitchell, Treasurer of State of Indiana, term ending in June 2019
Great Lakes – St. Lawrence River Water Resources Regional Body, and Great Lakes – St. Lawrence River Basin Water Resources Council
Mr. Chris Smith, Deputy Commissioner of the Department of Natural Resources (reappointment)