The Indiana Chamber of Commerce has named a new chair of its board of directors. Tom Hirons, founder and chief executive officer of Indianapolis-based Hirons & Co. will serve as chair through November 2016.
Hirons joined the Indiana Chamber board in 1994 and became a member of the board’s executive committee in 2004. He also serves as co-chair of Indiana Business for Responsive Government, the chamber’s nonpartisan political action committee.
“Tom Hirons is a thoughtful and passionate leader for the Indiana Chamber’s executive committee and board of directors. He has been a consistent supporter of the Chamber’s mission and offered invaluable insight over the years,” says Indiana Chamber President and CEO Kevin Brinegar. “Time and again, Tom has given his time and talents in leading worthwhile organizations, and his experience and knowledge in his field are unmatched. I am excited to work with Tom in his new role as chairman of the board of directors."
In addition, 24 business leaders throughout the state have been named to the Indiana Chamber Board of Directors, effective immediately:
- Melody Birmingham-Byrd, president, Duke Energy Indiana (Plainfield)
- Mary Boelke, managing partner, Deloitte (Indianapolis)
- Thom Bondus, chief financial officer, Park 100 Foods (Tipton)
- Wil Boren, general manager, Zimmer Biomet (Warsaw)
- Jeff Boris, location manager, Alcoa Warrick Operations (Newburgh)
- Archie Brown, president and CEO, MainSource Financial Group (Greensburg)
- Brian Burdick, managing partner, Barnes & Thornburg LLP (Indianapolis)
- Gerri Davis-Parker, president and CEO, Truck City (Gary)
- Jeff Harrison, president and chief executive officer, Citizens Energy Group (Indianapolis)
- Melanie Hart, president and CEO, Tsuchiya Group North America/TASUS Corporation (Bloomington)
- Gregory D. Hess, president, Wabash College (Crawfordsville)
- John Keeler, vice president, general counsel and secretary, Centaur Holdings (Indianapolis)
- Cindy Lucchese, chief administrative officer and chief financial officer, Hulman & Company (Indianapolis)
- Kristin Marcuccilli, senior vice president and chief operating officer, STAR Financial Bank (Fort Wayne)
- Scott McCorkle, chief executive officer, Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Indianapolis)
- Jeff Rea, president and CEO, St. Joseph County Chamber of Commerce (South Bend)
- Gary Reynolds, president and owner, Reynolds Farm Equipment, Inc. (Atlanta)
- Mario Rodriguez, executive director, Indianapolis Airport Authority (Indianapolis)
- Lisa Schlehuber, chief executive officer, Elements Financial (Indianapolis)
- Mark Sifferlen, vice president – ethics and compliance, and corporate secretary, Cummins (Indianapolis)
- Violet Sistovaris, executive vice president, Northern Indiana Public Service Company (NIPSCO) (Merrillville)
- Kevin Speer, president and chief executive officer, Hendricks Regional Health (Danville)
- Brad Toothaker, president, Bradley Company (South Bend)
- George Uzelac, president, Uzelac & Associates (Valparaiso).
All of the new board members will serve three-year terms through the fall of 2018. The one exception is Jeff Rea, who is on the board for one year.