gBETA launches spring cohort, focus on 5G and energy startups
Wisconsin-based venture firm and startup accelerator gener8tor, which has an established presence in Indiana, has announced the spring cohorts of two separate gBETA programs. The organization says the seven-week program will support early-stage startups that are focused on 5G technology and energy and sustainability.
The bootcamp provides select attendees with intensive coaching and access to its national network of mentors, corporate partners and investors.
The programs are designed to set a path for startups to participate in equity-based accelerator programs and investment opportunities.
The program is in partnership with the Indiana Economic Development Corp.
“Indiana sees incredible value in building and supporting an ecosystem where innovators in these fast-moving and high-tech industries can thrive,” said Natasha Jensen-Matta director of small business at the Indiana Economic Development Corporation (IEDC). “We are looking forward to working with gener8tor and these impressive companies to help them establish, grow and thrive in Indiana.”
At the end of the program, the entrepreneurs will get an opportunity to pitch their businesses to potential investors at industry conferences being held in Indianapolis.
The 5G Technology cohort includes:
- DigsFact’s AI solution enables remote assessment of properties for maintenance, repair and construction for the property insurance and home improvement industries.
- DiversiFind’s web-based SaaS platform supports companies and their diversity, equity and inclusion goals by diversifying their vendor pool.
- Vertikal X’s platform accelerates the careers of underserved athletes by connecting them with coaches, scouts, investors and brands who want to support their athletic pursuits with accountability.
- PROSPECT XR’s SaaS platform envisions a new model of work with a decentralized leadership and promotion structure. In this system, employees’ work and contributions are judged by their peers using PROSPECT’s technology.
- HomeHealthPRO’s marketplace mitigates the issues of staffing shortage and increasing labor costs experienced by home health agencies.
The Energy & Sustainability cohort includes:
- ONE SCIENTIFIC is developing revolutionary technologies that lower the cost of manufacturing green hydrogen.
- Flex Energy develops a flexible, washable and safe battery for next generation wearables, with military and medical applications.
- Algaeo, LLC creates systems that turn single use plastic containers into algae bioreactors.
- Everewear is an AI powered shopping platform that helps people find the secondhand clothes through machine learning and AI to decrease customer shopping time by 60%.
- Edison Aerospace designs and builds aircraft for the U.S. agricultural industry to spray crops and forestry lands by using a more economical and safer alternative to the existing aircraft in use.