The Indiana Department of Environmental Management has named 12 recipients of grants through its Recycling Market Development Program. The funds total $1 million and are designed to expand the presence of recycling in the state.
The largest grant — nearly $420,000 — will help Allen County-based Bunn Box Inc. with expansion and efficiency improvement efforts. Additional recipients include:
- Child Adult Resource Services (CARS) in Parke County – $17,908
- City of Greendale in Dearborn County – $42,346
- City of Valparaiso/Public Works in Porter County – $93,624
- City of Winchester in Randolph County – $66,000
- Republic Services Recycling of Indiana Inc. in Marion County – $166,355
- Metropolitan School District of Shakamak/Greene County SWMD – $1,028
- Upland Brewing Co. Inc. in Monroe County – $5,344
- Vidal Plastics LLC in Vanderburgh County – $106,000
- Warrick County Recycling & Resource Management District – $76,935
- West Central School Corp. in Pulaski County – $1,200
- Woodrow Wilson Middle School in Vigo County – $3,562
You can read more about the program by clicking here.