Organizers of a 10-week "bootcamp" aimed at assisting local startups says it has opened at full capacity. Indianapolis-based Elevate Ventures says the Indy Startup Challenge is giving 16 pre-revenue startups the chance to get their business models off the ground.
Elevate Ventures is running the challenge along with Carmel-based Logika. Out of the 16 teams taking part, four finalists will be chosen to pitch their ideas to a team of local investors for a shot at a $5,000 cash prize.
"For us the mission is simple," said Kelly Schwedland, entrepreneur-in-residence with Elevate Ventures, "to teach Indiana founders how to practice the world class startup practices that are now commonplace in many startup hubs throughout the country. Regardless of the outcome, all the teams should walk away with an understanding of the ideal startup process."
The teams taking part in the challenge include:
- Agent Dynamix – A client Vetting for Real Estate
- Arc Labs – Internet of Things
- Aride – Location-Based Ride-sharing Platform
- Avail – Third Party On-Demand platform for connecting Customers
- Codelicious – Coding school program for k-12
- Constituently – Donor management/CRM
- Imagine This Career Journey – Career Education Platform
- Kwake – Employee engagement tool
- My Financial Zen – Expense prioritization tool
- MyFavorAid – On-demand personal & corporate assistance marketplace
- Pierce Aerospace – Flight logging Software
- Safekeeping – Communication Platform for Caregivers
- ShopperKraft – Visualization Software for shopping
- Skye – Peer 2 Peer Lending Platform; Sales Conversion Tool
- Thingies – Platform for managing your stuff
- TrainerPush – Book training while traveling
You can learn more about the Indy Startup Challenge by clicking here.