Franciscan St. Francis to Hold ‘Baby Shower’
Franciscan St. Francis Health-Indianapolis is set this month to showcase a new $37 million renovation to its Women & Children’s Center. WCC Director Lori Warner says completion of the project "heralds a new beginning" and boosts the ability to serve the community.
Warner adds "this project was phased in over a three-year period and I thank our phenomenal staff, who continued to provide a high level of care during that time. And, I thank all of our patients and visitors who were able navigate their way through the construction."
A grand opening "baby shower" celebration is set for April 30. Franciscan St. Francis says the 100,000 square-foot facility includes:
- 7 triage rooms and an infusion area for newly admitted patients
- 12 expanded labor and delivery rooms
- 8 large antepartum suites with in-room refrigerators
- 2 operating room suites for caesarean procedures
- 36 postpartum suites and a nursery
- 24 private neonatal intensive care rooms
- 10 "kid-friendly" pediatric rooms
- New wellness center with features including massage therapy and acupuncture
- Modernized lobby with fireplace, café and gift shop
Franciscan St. Francis Chief Executive Officer James Callaghan says "we are very happy to offer the latest design in healthcare and it’s important to acknowledge that it is the commitment of outstanding quality care by our staff and physicians who truly make a difference in the lives of those we serve."
The hospital will also toast the 40th anniversary its NICU, which is the only Level III facility of its kind in south-central Indiana.