Mishawaka-based Franciscan Alliance has announced a rebranding of the healthcare system. Beginning September 12, nearly all of the organization’s hospitals will change their names to Franciscan Health.
Franciscan Alliance will remain as the name of the parent organization. Twelve of Franciscan’s 14 hospitals will be renamed, as two of them, Franciscan Health Munster and Franciscan Health Rensselaer, are already under the new name.
The organization says the rebranding "reinforces and reflects an integrated and aligned approach" to healthcare.
"Unified names for each hospital will create broader awareness of our standing as a large, multistate Catholic healthcare system with nationally recognized centers of excellence, numerous joint ventures, partnerships and physician relationships," said Kevin Leahy, chief executive officer of Franciscan Alliance. "The evolution of our hospital names further reflects our commitment assuring that the services we offer and our access points match ever more closely the needs of the people and communities we serve."
The hospitals and their new names include:
- Franciscan St. Anthony Health – Crown Point will become Franciscan Health Crown Point
- Franciscan St. Anthony Health – Michigan City will become Franciscan Health Michigan City
- Franciscan St. Elizabeth Health – Crawfordsville will become Franciscan Health Crawfordsville
- Franciscan St. Elizabeth Health – Lafayette Central will become Franciscan Health Lafayette Central
- Franciscan St. Elizabeth Health – Lafayette East will become Franciscan Health Lafayette East
- Franciscan St. Francis Health – Carmel will become Franciscan Health Carmel
- Franciscan St. Francis Health – Indianapolis will become Franciscan Health Indianapolis
- Franciscan St. Francis Health – Mooresville will become Franciscan Health Mooresville
- Franciscan St. James Health – Chicago Heights will become Franciscan Health Chicago Heights (Ill.)
- Franciscan St. James Health – Olympia Fields will become Franciscan Health Olympia Fields (Ill.)
- Franciscan St. Margaret Health – Dyer will become Franciscan Health Dyer
- Franciscan St. Margaret Health – Hammond will become Franciscan Health Hammond