The Fort Wayne-based Edward D. and Ione Auer Foundation has awarded a total of more than $150,000 to nine area organizations. The largest gift went to Questa Foundation for Education to support scholarship programs.
December 9, 2014
Fort Wayne, Ind. — In December 2014, the Edward D. and Ione Auer Foundation, a private charitable foundation, made gifts to 9 local organizations. Organizations and gifts:
1. Boys and Girls Clubs of Fort Wayne, support for programs and services at Fellowship site, $15,000
2. East Wayne Street Center, Family Literacy and Project SOLVE programs, $10,000
3. Embassy Theatre Foundation, support for operations, $25,000
4. Kate’s Kart, support for purchase of books and operations, $15,000
5. Matthew 25, Patient Assistance Program, $15,000
6. Mustard Seed Furniture Bank, Beds4Kids Program support, $10,000
7. Northeast Indiana Public Radio, WBNI classical music programming, $10,000
8. Questa Foundation for Education, support for Scholarships, $50,000
9. Rescue Mission, support for serenity garden at Charis House, $10,000
Additional information about the Edward D. and Ione Auer Foundation
The Auer Foundation is scheduled to be in existence until 2022 but will continue to impact the Fort Wayne community through endowments and scholarships. Grant selections are based on Ione Auer’s past giving interests and her planning documents and from knowledge of her community involvement. The co-trustees for the Auer Foundation are David Meyer, of Monarch Capital Management, and Lake City Bank. Additional organizations may also receive funding by submitting concept letters to the Auer Foundation. The Auer Foundation assets will be donated to accomplish and aid general charitable purposes to benefit the Fort Wayne community. In general, the interests of the Auer Foundation include music, arts, education, parks, and other charitable purposes. For more information about the Auer Foundation, please visit www.AuerFoundation.org.