Fort Wayne Distributes COVID-19 Relief
The city of Fort Wayne says it will distribute nearly $400,000 to seven nonprofits to help in the fight against COVID-19. The recipients include organizations that serve low-income residents throughout the city.
The city’s Office of Housing and Neighborhood Services was recently awarded a $1.2 million Community Development Block Grant to help with COVID-19 relief.
The organizations receiving funding include:
- Wellspring – $48,569 for the expansion of Food Bank and Wellspring on Wheels.
- Amani Family Services – $106,811 to aid in immigrant/refugee COVID-19 Relief.
- YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne – $131,544 to aid in childcare relief.
- Healthier Moms & Babies – $41,085 for the Prenatal Home Visitation Program.
- The League for the Blind & Disabled – $20,000 for the Community Living Program. T
- Health Visions Midwest – $25,000 for the Community Outreach & Virtual Programs.
- Community Transportation Network – $25,000 to expand the specialized transportation program in an effort to better respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.