Forbes names best midsize employers, including Indiana firms
Forbes has released its annual list of Best Midsize Employers and seven Indiana businesses and institutions made the cut. The publication highlighted 500 firms, ranging from education and insurance to financial services and healthcare.
The ranking is based on a survey of about 45,000 American workers at companies and institutions with 1,000 to 5,000 U.S.-based employees.
Here are the seven Hoosier entries and their ranking:
- No. 188 – Vera Bradley Inc. (Fort Wayne)
- No. 242 – Reid Health (Richmond)
- No. 244 – 1st Source Bank (South Bend)
- No. 245 – Ball State University (Muncie)
- No. 280 – Old National Bank (Evansville)
- No. 392 – Alverno Laboratories (Hammond)
- No. 489 – Kimball International (Jasper)
Forbes partnered with the market research firm Statista to compile our the list. Survey participants were asked if they would recommend their current employers to friends and family, and to cite any other employer they would also recommend.
California Institute of Technology (Caltech) in Pasadena topped the list.
The final list ranks the 500 midsize employers that received the most recommendations.
Click here to access the full list.