The board of directors of the Fort Wayne-based Foellinger Foundation Inc. has approved a series of grants supporting youth-serving nonprofits throughout Allen County. The grants, most of which are for one year, total $825,000.
The grant recipients include:
- Allen County Public Library Foundation: $580,000 – Two-year program support for Young Adult Summer Reading
- Associated Churches: $40,000 – One-year program support
- Boys and Girls Club: $95,000 – One-year operating support
- Boy Scouts of America: $15,000 – One-year program support
- Crossroad Child and Family Services: $20,000 – One-year operating support
- Erin’s House for Grieving Children: $15,000 – One-year operating support
- Salvation Army: $50,000 – One-year program support
- Trees Indiana: $10,000 – One-year operating support
"The Foundation’s strategy is to support effective nonprofits that serve Allen County residents," said Cheryl Taylor, president of the Foellinger Foundation. "The grantees on the list reflect the Foundation’s emphasis on supporting nonprofits with strong board and staff leaders whose organizations make Allen County a better place to live."