Flat12 Rebrands to Rad Brewing Co.
Flat12 Bierwerks, which was acquired by Books & Brews earlier this year, is relaunching as Rad Brewing Co. The brewery says the new brand focuses on raising awareness for what it calls "alternative ways of being active" with a portion of profits going to youth sports in Indianapolis.
Updates to the branding and brewpub are currently underway.
Brewery representatives say community-based activities will also be held in the Rad taproom, featuring walking and running groups, yoga, boot camp, gaming tournaments including cornhole, ladder golf, spikeball, and fowling.
The taproom also plans to host showings of sports from around the world as well as other weekly activities like karaoke.
In addition to the new events, the brewery will also offer beer themed after a sport or athletic activity. Local, national, and international businesses, teams, and individual athletes will be featured on the labels.
The initial beer line-up will include:
- Gaelic (Dry Irish Stout) – Indianapolis Gaelic Athletic Association – Indianapolis, IN
- Power Jam (Sweet Red Ale) – Chloe Bouffard (Roller Skating) -Ottawa, Ontario
- Freestyle (Rad IPA) – Aguska Mnich (Freestyle Soccer World Champion) – London, England
- Naptown Fit (Light Cream Ale) – Naptown Fitness – Indianapolis, IN
- Endurance (Session IPA) – The Road Sodas (Running Group) – Indianapolis, IN
- Breakin’ (Electric Pale Ale) – 31svn Street Dance Academy – Fishers, IN
- Belay (Honey Brown Ale) – Climb Time (Rock Climbing Gym) – Indianapolis, IN
“I’m passionate about developing community,” said Jason Wuerfel chief executive officer of the new Rad Brewing Co and its parent company, Books & Brews. “I benefited greatly from my background in athletics and I owe a lot of who I am to the community and positive mentorship I received growing up. I’m concerned about the affordability and access to traditional sports as costs rise and programs get cut. Today there are more ways to be active and involved as there’s ever been. At Rad, in addition to brewing world class beer and cooking up the best burgers around, we hope to become a gathering place in the community for groups and individuals of all ages looking for alternative ways to stay active within a social environment. Rad is my way of giving back and I’m really excited to see the impact we can make.”
A launch party to celebrate the rebrand will be held November 29th.